upgrading Dag's bed, we also changed our bed.
You may wonder why, and to what, as it looks pretty much the same as the old one.
I needed more storage space and wanted a bed that would fit storage boxes underneath. The previous bed had drawers of it's own but they were mostly the cats' domain; they tend to hide and sneak around in there so nothing that wasn't in need of a cat hair-bath could be stored in them.
We got the Leirvik bed from Ikea. It was a little too uu-ladi-da decorative for my taste so I bought it with the intention not to put it together all the way; we turned it the other way around as in footboard up and left the high curly part of the headboard out.
The holes intended to fasten the left-out part of the now-turned-footboard were easily filed with wall putty and painted over. And the whole footboard anyway covered with blankets and clothes and all sorts of stuff, immediately.