Pages

THE BLACK AND YELLOW DRESS


So I got around making that yellow-with-black-lae stretchy dress I was having a hard time upon deciding which cut to got for! And, in the end I ended up with ...

... option C, which was the one with the widest hem! Also the ones that got the most votes, although to be honest that did not help as much as the other options got their fair share of support too. The fabric however turned out to be thinner than I remembered which shut the slim A-option out. Then I was too lazy and too much in a hurry (tried to make this one morning before Dag woke up) to cut it in two parts, top and skirt, so went for the mid-version B as it could be made faster. But it did not turn out that well, so later I cut the dress in two and put on a new skirt; a 3/4 circle skirt which consist of two parts in order to have pockets in the side.

I will need to make a new set of pockets for this on however, the ones I did now don't work that well and look like, how should I put it -dressginas . Who ever knew fabric could look so, um, anatomic?

So what do we learn from this? Nothing I already didn't know; rushing with things often makes them take longer time...